Monday 19 March 2012

The Body Shop - My Favourite Products

I adore The Body Shop, they have a wide range of amazing products to suit different skin types to cater to everyone's needs!



My first favourite product would have to be one of their body butters - famous in their own right ;). Choosing my favourite scent well.. there are so many different ones to choose from but from the small collection that I have, I'll have to choose the cacoa butter. It has a very fresh but sweet scent that is quite long lasting. These butters are so moisturising and are quickly absorbed so they are perfect for applying pre-tanning. At £12.50 for 200ml it is quite reasonable for the quality and a little goes a long way! :)

Secondly, The vitamin E moisture lotion with SPF 15. I first purchased this when i was suffering from bad sunburn on my face and forehead. This was a lifesaver! it was really soothing and moisurising and really helped the damaged skin to heal. The added SPF helped to prevent further sun damage.It has a light scent and the consistency of the cream allows it to glide on easily and sink into the skin.

Next, the Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz. I had been looking for a face spritz for a while when i came across this one on the body shop website. I liked the fact that it claims to have vitamin c in it as vitamin c promotes healthy looking skin.It has a strong orange scent, which definatly wakes you up and re- energises the skin to get rid of dullness and provide hydration.

For face masks, The Body Shop has a good selection that I keep re-purchasing from. My favourites are, the Honey and Oat 3 in 1 Scrub and Mask and the Blue Corn 3 In 1 Deep Cleansing Mask. They both serve different purposes to me depending on how my skin is looking/feeling. The honey and oat one for example, contains organic honey and oatmeal grains to polish the skin and leave it feeling soft and moisturised. The Blue corn is one i tend to turn to when my skin isn't its best as it contains kaolin clay to draw out impurities and prevent spots and corn oil for extra hydration so doesn't dry out the skin as some other clay masks do. Both the masks are mild exfoliaters so help to get rid of dead skin.For only £9 for 100ml, they last ages too!

Finally, White Musk Libertine Eau De Toilette. The moment I smelt the free sample I got in my magazine I knew I needed to purchase it. I'm no use at describing perfumes so I'm going to insert what the body shop says about it  - "A bold new twist on musk, this sensual eau de toilette features a heady blend of cruelty-free musks at its top, heart and base, with sweet notes of Turkish delight, baby orchid and Chantilly cream." 
It is really musky, which may not to be to everyone's taste but its not overpowering. I think it makes a great day time perfume as its really fresh and light. I purchased the 30ml bottle for £9


At the time of writing this i have noticed that the body shop have an up to 50% sale on.. perfect excuse to try the products for the first time if you are unsure and a perfect excuse for me to add to my collection and I'm quite interested to try their make up range yay! :D

Helen xX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone that takes the time to read my blog and comments, I always reply <3